Providing Car Accident Attorney Services in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Granite Bay, Folsom and throughout California
A motorcycle accident is often more devastating than a car crash. Proving that the other driver was at fault is often more difficult due to complex laws and jury bias. We are motorcycle accident attorneys who know how to prove the other party’s fault and obtain the maximum settlement possible for you. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the motorcycle accident attorneys at Ashley Law immediately at 888-ASHLEY-911, so we can begin the settlement proceedings.
California state laws typically lead to more dangerous riding conditions and create difficult “partial fault” situations. Suppose you don’t hire an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. In that case, you can potentially lose thousands of dollars that could otherwise go towards your damages.
Contact us today for your free case evaluation to see how we can help you.
Most motorcycle Accidents are not the Rider’s Fault
Although motorcyclists are often stereotyped as reckless and fast drivers, negligent automobile drivers cause most motorcycle accidents. There is usually little regard for motorcycles, and automobile drivers place motorcyclists at greater risk of severe injuries in a motorcycle accident.
As a motorcyclist, it’s important to ride responsibly, ride with protective gear, make yourself visible, and provide yourself with escape avenues if a vehicle encroaches into your space. It’s also important to ride safely for the environment and current conditions. Hazards also exist that may pose no danger to an automobile, such as a pothole or slick puddle. These types of threats can potentially result in a crash on a motorcycle.
There exists heavy jury bias against riders. However, despite what television, news, and insurance companies claim, most motorcycle accidents are not the rider’s fault. This means your case will most have a favorable ending if you hire the right motorcycle accident attorney to fight for you.
Insurance companies will often try to trick the rider into admitting at least partial fault. However, you are either not at fault or a minor fault than the driver most of the time. Don’t speak to anyone until you’ve hired a professional motorcycle accident attorney to represent you. Motorcycle riders have rights that need to be protected.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents Can Include the Following
- Distracted drivers/Failure to notice motorcycles: Motorists often do not see motorcycles in adjacent lanes or oncoming traffic. They may move into lanes already occupied by motorcyclists or even turn left in front of them.
- Following too closely: Cars require longer stopping distances than motorcycles. Motorists may not maintain sufficient following space to stop in time when a motorcycle stops suddenly in front of them.
- Assumption of right-of-way: Some motorists simply fail to understand that motorcyclists have the same rights as other drivers. They believe their cars have automatic right-of-way over smaller vehicles.
- Lane Splitting: Although legal, many automobile drivers do not know how to react when a motorcycle approaches alongside. This often causes impulse reactions by the driver, resulting in the motorcycle being sideswiped.
- Drunk driving: Due to the lack of protection of a motorcycle rider, the resulting injuries from a car versus motorcycle crash can be catastrophic.
Though motorcyclists and automobiles share the same rights and privileges, automobile drivers should care more about motorcycles. Motorcyclists are at a much greater risk of injury in the event of an accident.
Protecting the Rights of Motorcycle Riders
It is important to remember that motorcycle accident victims have the same rights as any other injury victim. Suppose you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident. In that case, you should contact a motorcycle accident injury attorney who is experienced in these types of cases. Your lawyer will protect your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call Ashley Injury Lawyers today at 888-ASHLEY-911 to see how we can help you.